Can stye cause blindness?
Stye itself can not cause blindness. In general, stye on the eye is a disease that in most cases goes by itself without any treatment. However, if the patient initially starts to treat this illness incorrectly, also tries to squeeze out stye, complications are possible. For example, purulent conjunctivitis. In this process, the pathogen of stye, penetrating from the focus of suppuration in the tissues of the eye, causes severe inflammation, which, if the therapy is not correct, can lead to complete blindness.
Remember: do not try to squeeze out stye by yourself! If the disease is acute, with suppuration and swelling, you should consult a doctor. He will give you the right treatment or decide to remove the stye surgically.
- Why do I often have stye?
- At what stage of development is my stye? I want to know the symptoms.
- Can a stye cause swollen lymph nodes?
- Can stye cause blindness?
- Can stye cause a headache?
- Can stye cause a fever?
- Why do pregnant women have eye stye?
- The child had stye, it didn’t ripe, now under the eye there is a little cone with a pea. How can we get rid of it?
- How to heal a scar after stye?