Eye Stye treatment with the help of home remedies
Contents of this article:
Eye stye disease is a purulent inflammation of hair follicles, sebaceous glands, or lobules of meibomian gland. Home medicine for getting rid of stye is using antiseptic, antibacterial, disinfectant solutions, as well as ultraviolet light. Treatment of stye by using home remedies also implies the use of disinfectants infusions and decoctions. However, often, traditional medicine does not recognize them and even considers them unsafe. Therefore, before you use any anti-stye remedy, consult a doctor.
Home remedies are a good additional measure to fight with the disease of stye on the eye. The recipes that are to be suggested in this article are effective to be used in practice. However, before you start the treatment process using the home methods , it is recommended to consult a specialist.
HOME REMEDIES FOR STYE TREATMENT
- Mix 100g of tutsan and 100 g of chamomile, and pour with 200 ml of boiling water. Then, leave the remedy to infuse until it gets completely cool. After this, the infusion should be filtered, and a cotton pad soaked in this infusion, it should be put to the sick area every hour.
- Boil 100g of tutsan in 1 liter of boiling water, and drink as tea.
- Chop a cabbage leaf without using any metal objects, and add 1 raw egg protein. Cover the mix with a cotton cloth, and put it to the area of inflammation for 30 minutes. The procedure may be made every 3 hours. The eye should be open while making the procedure.
- Pour 1 cup of dried fruit with 200 ml of boiling milk, and add 1 teaspoon of honey. Intake the medium in the amount of 50 ml three times per day before meals. The duration of the treatment course is from 7 to 10 days.
- Raspberry Leaf. The raspberry leaf treatment for eye stye is part of the home remedies. It contains a lot of chemicals and minerals that make it an antiseptic, astringent and a tonic herb. All these qualities are good in treating bacterial infections such as stye on the eyelid. Put some dried leaves in a cup of boiling water and let it soak. In about an hour, you should strain the water. Soak a piece of cotton or clean towel in this water and put it on the eye.
- Eyebright. Eyebright herb is generally used for treatment of eye problems. It contains some chemicals that make it anti-inflammatory and antiseptic. Use Eyebright herb as compress. Mix it with some of colloidal silver to help killing the bacteria.
- Echinacea. Use this extract for treating stye and to strengthening the immune system. It is available in local pharmacies and in various forms. You can use the Echinacea extract as an eye wash.
TREATMENT WITH USING HONEY FLAPJACK
Before using these methods, make sure that the patient is not allergic to honey; otherwise do not use this ingredient.
In order to prepare this effective anti-stye remedy, you’ll need a crumb of rye bread (approximately one-third of a piece of bread) and half a teaspoon of fresh honey. Honey is poured on a small plate; the breadcrumb is put on top of it. After breadcrumb is soaked with honey, make a flapjack from it. Then, tie it to the site of stye inflammation for 6-8 hours. The procedure should be repeated at least 2 times.
TREATMENT USING A TRADITIONAL SOLUTION
To prepare the solution, you’ll need: half of the garlic clove, half a teaspoon of alcohol. Grind up garlic in a pounder, put it in a glass bowl, and pour with alcohol. Tightly closed the container, and infuse the medium for 7-10 hours. Then, the solution is filtered, and put on a inflammation site with a cotton swab into. The procedure may be repeated for at least 2 times a day. The duration of the treatment course is 3-5 days.
Home remedy for stye when the first symptoms are defined. For making it, you’ll need fresh plantain leaves, which are carefully washed, dried and put to an eye with stye. It is advisable to make the procedure at night, and make sure that the leaves are tightly adjoin the eye.
Anti-stye infusion with disinfecting action. To prepare it, you will need 100 grams of marigold flowers and 100 grams of tutsan. Mix and pour with 200 ml of boiling water. Infuse until the mixture get cool. The solution should be used to wipe the affected area at least 3 times a day during 7-10 days.
Anti-stye home remedies are good additional medium to fight with the disease. The recipes in this article are proven to be effective in practice. However, before you start the treatment, it is advisable to consult a doctor.
Article updated 04.03.2017