Eye Stye Treatment
Contents of this article:
The earlier you start the treatment of stye, the faster recovery comes. Therefore, if there is no opportunity to be consulted by an experienced ophthalmologist, you can use first aid at home.
While stye is still immature, and there is no formed infiltrate fulled of purulence on its surface, the area of inflammation is recommended to be treated with a solution of brilliant green, iodine, or 70% medical spirit. Moreover, it is good to use eye drops such as “Similasan Stye Eye Relief Drops”, which can be bought in almost every pharmacy. Dry heat is also the way to cure stye quickly. For this purpose, use a boiled egg or a small pouch with heated salt. There are also some useful antibiotic ointments (ophthalmic erythromycin). For the preventive purpose, in order to not to let the infection spread, it is good to treat a healthy eye as well.
If the stye is accompanied by severe intoxication of the body, and the eye lid is greatly swollen, you need to call a doctor immediately. Only a doctor can diagnose you properly, and prescribe appropriate treatment.
HOW TO TREAT STYE QUICKLY USING HOME REMEDIES
- Baked onion. For making, it you will need to bake onion in the oven, and then peel the first few layers. Then, put them on a gauze, roll up, and put on the sick eye. The procedure may be repeated every day during 4-6 days before the bedtime.
- Washing an eye with Furacin solution is good for rapid treatment of stye. To do this, use one pill of the medication, macerated in 1 cup of water.
- Warm compress. First, wet a clean towel with hot water (but not boiling) and put it on closed eye for 10-15 minutes, repeating 2-3 times a day. This simple procedure will increase circulation to the inflammation area and speed up the treatment process.
- Marigold or Chamomile infusions. To make it, dry flowers are poured with boiling water, and infused for 30 minutes. Then, a cotton swab is dipped into the warm infusion, and the affected area is wiped every 2-3 hours.
- Lotions with birch buds decoction. For this purpose, use 2 teaspoons of birch buds, put in a thermos with 1 cup of boiling water. Infuse the lotion for 6 hours. After that, moisten a cotton pad and put it to the sick area for 10-15 minutes. The procedure may be repeated from 3 to 5 times per day.
Eye Stye treatment with the help of home remedies
Home remedies are good additional measure to treat the eye stye disease. The recipes that are to be suggested in this article are effective to be used in practice. However, before you start the treatment process using the traditional methods that are mentioned, it is recommended to consult a specialist.
- Mix 100g of tutsan and 100 g of chamomile, and pour with 200 ml of boiling water. Then, leave the remedy to infuse until it gets completely cool. After this, the infusion should be filtered, and a cotton pad soaked in this infusion, it should be put to the sick area every hour.
- Boil 100g of tutsan in 1 liter of boiling water, and drink as tea.
- Chop a cabbage leaf without using any metal objects, and add 1 raw egg protein. Cover the mix with a cotton cloth, and put it to the area of inflammation for 30 minutes. The procedure may be made every 3 hours. The eye should be open while making the procedure.
- Pour 1 cup of dried fruit with 200 ml of boiling milk, and add 1 teaspoon of honey. And drink 50 ml three times per day before meals. The duration of the treatment course is from 7 to 10 days.
THE TREATMENT OF CHILD’S EYE STYE
Nowadays it is not difficult to find information how to treat stye of a child’s eye. However, many parents hope that the disease will disappear on its own, which indeed happens sometimes. Nevertheless, it is always necessary to understand that you should immediately visit an ophthalmologist after the symptoms of stye are defined.It will help to prevent other diseases such as chalazion, inflammation of which is in the deeper tissue layers. Moreover, a doctor will assign the proper treatment. Click here to see a picture of a 1-year-old child stye.
Firstly, stye treatment begins immediately after the first symptoms are defined. After this, doctors prescribe:
- Cauterization of stye using 70% alcohol solution, brilliant green or iodine;
- Dry heat, unless patient has a fever; UHF therapy has a good effect;
- Medicinal ointments, such as tetracycline, albucid, hydrocortisone, and other;
- Using eye drops like Similasan, that can be used for children under 1 year;
STYE ON THE UPPER-LOWER EYELID: TREATMENT
It does not matter what type of eye stye is, you should not start the treatment without consulting a doctor. Any manipulations with an abscess at home can cause a risk of spreading infection.
1. Treatment of stye on early stage.
- Dry heat, UHF and blue color therapy.
- Inflammatory areas are covered with a solution of iodine, brilliant green 1%, or 70% medical spirit for at least 3 times a day.
- Using eye drops such as ciprolet, similasan, dexamethasone, floxal for at least 5 times a day.
- Using hydrocortisone and tetracycline ointments before the bedtime.
- Using combined therapy, such as tobradex ointment or tobrex eye drops.
2. Treatment of stye on the upper eyelid when there are abscess and complications.
- Rapid instillation of the eye drops (ciprolet, similasan, dexamethasone, chloramphenicol, etc.), using anti-stye ointments (tetracycline, floxal, hydrocortisone, etc.).
- If there is an increase in body temperature, it is recommended to carry out per oral antibacterial treatment, e.g. intake of penicillin drugs.
The wrong way to treat stye
Some people try to treat stye with urine, who use this information from books where urinotherapy is presented as a panacea for all ills. In order to not to let the infection penetrate the eye, it is not recommended to wash the eyes with urine, both your own, or others’. For the same purpose, do not spit in the eye, as folk omens advise. The human saliva contains many harmful bacteria.
Do not touch the stye capsule with purulent contents on your own. It will not speed up the treatment process, but it will only increase the risk of inflammation of the deeper tissue layers.
People with stye problem often start to panic, and they are looking for information on how to cure it quickly. This is not surprising. Even the most cheerful person will be in a bad mood due to discomfort, pain and cosmetic defects.
Thus, this article will help you to treat stye quickly and with no harm to health.